Soft and chewy, these easy triple chocolate sourdough discard cookies are an absolute delight. With just the right balance of sweetness and richness, they are guaranteed to satisfy any chocolate lover’s cravings! The combination of cocoa, chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips creates a harmonious mix of flavors that will leave you wanting more.
What sets these triple chocolate sourdough discard cookies apart from regular triple chocolate cookies?
What sets these cookies apart is the use of sourdough discard. Instead of letting your sourdough discard go to waste, it can be transformed into something wonderful like these triple chocolate cookies! The sourdough discard adds a subtle tangy note, taking these triple chocolate cookies to a whole new level!
I’m an Amazon associate. That means if you choose to purchase anything from a link I provided I will earn a small commision at no extra cost to you!
What is the texture of these triple chocolate sourdough cookies like?
The texture of these cookies is a mix of soft, almost doughy like texture in the middle, while also being slightly crispy around the edges. Whether you enjoy them with a glass of milk or alongside a cup of coffee, these cookies are sure to bring joy to almost anyone!
Why are you putting sourdough discard into your cookies?
The reason why I use sourdough discard in my triple chocolate cookies is because firstly, it adds a distinct tangy flavor to the cookies.This flavor is a because of the fermentation process that takes place in the sourdough starter. By adding the discard to cookies, you can infuse them with a subtle sourdough taste that complements the sweetness of the cookie itself.
Secondly, the addition of sourdough discard can help with the texture and moisture of the cookies. The natural acids and enzymes present in the discard help break down the proteins and starches in the dough, resulting in cookies that have a softer and more tender crumb. This can be especially beneficial when baking cookies that you want to be slightly more moist and chewy.
So, by incorporating sourdough discard into your cookies, you can enhance the flavor of the cookies with a pleasant tang and achieve a softer, more moist texture. It’s a great way to use up some of the extra discard while adding a unique twist to these triple chocolate cookies!
What ingredients will I need for these triple chocolate sourdough discard cookies?
- Sourdough discard
- brown sugar
- cocoa powder
- chocolate chips
- baking soda
- baking powder
What tools will I need?
More delicious cookies!
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1
Triple Chocolate Sourdough Discard Cookies
- 1 c sourdough discard
- 1 c softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coffee
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag white chocolate chips
- 3 1/2 c flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Add the sourdough discard, softened butter, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, coffee, and vanilla to a mixing bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Once smooth add the chocolate chips and mix until they are completely incorporated.
- Next add the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until it turns into a nice cookie dough and no more flour is seen.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, place parchment paper onto a large cookie sheet and start scooping cookies out onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. They are supposed to look slightly doughy, but crisp on the outside!
- Store in an airtight container or a ziploc bag!If you do not want to bake all of the dough right away, scoop the rest of the dough on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze, then store the frozen cookie dough in a ziploc bag in the freezer. Bake for 10 minutes if still completely frozen.