Tender and juicy beef, perfectly pulled apart, piled on a soft bun with melted cheese. These homemade French dip sliders are simply unbeatable!
I love a good French dip sandwich. There is something about dipping my sandwich in that delicious au jus that I just love! It just makes it so juicy and delicious!
I’m an Amazon associate. That means if you choose to purchase anything from a link I provided I will earn a small commision at no extra cost to you!
These french dip sliders start with a seared arm roast put into a crock pot full of beef broth on low for 8 hours, and ends with tender pull apart beef piled on top of a fluffy bun covered in melted cheese!
What type of roast should I use for these french dip sliders?
For my french dip sliders in this recipe I used an arm roast, but you could use any roast you like! Always season your roast well and give it a good sear. No matter what roast you use, it is sure to turn out wonderful!
Can I pressure cook the roast instead of using a crock pot?
Absolutely! I use my pressure cooker all the time for arm roast! Here is a time chart you can save and refer to when you need it! If you decide to use your pressure cooker just be sure to sear your roast first, and do not add more beef broth than what your pressure cooker says is a safe limit.
How do I make French dip sliders?
Below is a video from my TikTok showing you exactly how I made these French dip sliders!
@the.stay.at.home.cook Slow cooker french dips are always a great dinner option! #recipe #cooking #delicious #frenchdip #dinnerideas #dinner #meal #beef #roast #fyp #fypシ #garlic #mealideas #homecooking ♬ Positive Vibes – Megan Yagami
What ingredients will I need for these french dip sandwiches?
Arm Roast – For this recipe I used an arm roast. Seared with a crust and placed into the crockpot full of beef broth!
Beef Broth – For this recipe I used Swanson beef broth.
Meat rub – For this recipe I used a rub that can only be bought in my area, but if I would choose another I would use this one.
Oil – For searing the roast I used garlic infused olive oil. I love the garlic infused oil. It really takes the flavors to the next level!
Cheese – I used deluxe sliced cheese because that’s what I had on hand, but I know swiss or provolone would taste fantastic on these french dip sliders!
French dip topping ideas
When it comes to French dip sandwiches, the topping options are endless! You’ve got a whole world of choices to make your sandwich stand out.
You could add a garlic aioli, horseradish, or you could just add mayo! I have a wonderful recipe for homemade mayonnaise that is made with olive oil only! It’s so easy. No slow pouring, just a quick 5 minute ( if that ) recipe!
You could also top your sandwiches with caramelized onions, or a mix of sauteed onions and peppers. Or what about mushrooms cooked in a delicious garlic butter sauce? Yum!
You will make your prayer to him, and he will hear you, and you will pay your vows. You will decide on a matter, and it will be established for you, and light will shine on your ways. Job 22:27 – 28 ESV
Crock Pot French Dip Sliders
- 1 arm roast
- meat rub
- 1 32 oz carton of beef broth
- 1 pack of buns
- cheese slices of your choice
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pour olive oil into a skillet and heat up on medium high heat.
- Season your roast with the rub, and begin to sear the meat until each side develops and nice crust.
- Plug in your crock pot and turn it on high. Pour in your beef broth and place the roast in the crock pot and cover.
- When it starts to boil turn the crock pot on low and let it sit for 8 hours.
- Once the beef is done, preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Start cutting up the butter and place the chunks on a large baking sheet. Stick it in the oven until the butter is melted.
- Once the butter is melted pull out the baking sheet and move it around so the butter covers the whole sheet. Then take out the buns and put them on the baking sheet top side up and toast them for 5 minutes in the oven.
- Once the 5 minutes is up flip the buns over and start putting on the cheese and beef. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pull them out of the oven and start putting the sandwiches together. Top with your favorite condiments! Use the broth left over for your au jus!